- Tracer is a playable character in Heroes of the Storm. Her visage can also be found on a color variant of Tychus`s armor in the game. She was playable before the releaseAnnounce of Overwatch itself.
- A Tracer statue will go on sale at some point in the future.
- A Tracer portrait is available in StarCraft II for those who purchase the Origins Edition.
- A Funko Pop Tracer figurine was released in Jun., 2016.
- A life-sized statue of Tracer is present on Blizzard`s campus.
- A giant action figure of Tracer was displayed on the Hollywood Boulevard as part of the leadup to Overwatch`s release.
- She is the first character to be confirmed as LGBT. Specifically, she is a lesbian.
- Her agent ID at Overwatch was 3945_50.
- She was announced at BlizzCon 2015 as the first Overwatch character in Heroes of the Storm. She became playable on April 26th, 2016, with those who had pre-purchased the Overwatch Origins digital version gaining access a week early.
- Voiced by Cara Theobold.
With a unique ability to control the speed of her own passage through time, Tracer zips and blinks around the battlefield, eluding attackers and sneaking past defenses. A perfect skirmisher hero, Tracer is fragile but hard to hit, keeping one step ahead of her attackers while she harasses and harries the enemy team. Tracer excels at getting behind enemy lines, but it is inadvisable to move her through chokepoints. Should she find herself blinking into an ambush, she can rewind time to her position and state a few seconds earlier, giving her a second chance.
The developers consider Tracer to have one of the most unique play styles in Overwatch.
- KABAJI DOMINATING AS TRACER! 49 ELIMS! [ OVERWATCH SEASON 20 TOP 500 ] (KABAJI DOMINATING AS TRACER! 4)
- Overwatch Tracer God Kabaji Showing His Sick Tracking Skills (https://www.twitch.tv/kabajiow)
The former Overwatch See the in-game organization. For the article about the game, see Overwatch. "Conflict. As the world teetered on the brink of anarchy, a new hope arose. An elite international taskforce charged with agent known as Tracer is a time-jumping adventurer and an irrepressible force for good. She hails from London, and has traveled all over the world.
She was a great admirer of Tekhartha Mondatta “ Human. Machine. We are all one within the Iris. „ ~ Mondatta Tekhartha Mondatta Status Deceased Occupation Monk, preacher Affiliation Shambali Voice Sendhil Ramamurthy 1] Tekhartha Mondatta was an omnic, and leader of the , and was inspired by Mei Mei "Our world is worth fighting for." Real Name Mei-Ling Zhou (周美灵) Age 31 (biological) 1]approx. 40 (chronological) 2] Nationality Chinese Occupation Climatologist, Adventurer Base Xi’an, China (formerly) Affiliation Overwatch (formerly) Voice Elise Zhang (English) , an Overwatch scientist.
Tracer is an Offense Each hero fills a different role in Overwatch. Roles in Overwatch are loosely defined, and heroes can fulfill a role not designated for them. Roles, as they exist, are designed to help players identify which hero See playable characters. For the animated short, see Hero. All of the heroes, as of 2015 There are currently 24 playable hero characters in Overwatch. Each fits into one of four roles in Overwatch See the in-game organization. For the article about the game, see Overwatch. "Conflict. As the world teetered on the brink of anarchy, a new hope arose. An elite international taskforce charged with .
Tracer is a close-range skirmishing hero who specializes in speed and single target damage. Her mobility and high single target damage makes her excellent at picking key targets with very low risk. Tracer can quickly traverse a map with the use of Blink to outflank her enemies, deal damage to them, and then retreat before they have a chance to respond. Her low base Health and lack of regenerating shields means that she must make good use of Blink and Recall to avoid or reverse damage.
- Tracer is highly mobile using Blink Tracer "Cheers, love! The cavalry s here!" Real Name Lena Oxton Age 26 Nationality English Occupation AdventurerPilot (Formerly)Overwatch Agent (Formerly) Base London, England Affiliation Overwatch (formerly) Relations Emily (girlfriend) Voice Cara Theobold 1] 2] (English) Dorothee and Recall Recall Season 1 Episode 1 Publisher Blizzard Entertainment Release date Mar. 21, 2016 Link Youtube Transcript Transcript Length 8:01 Next short Alive See the animated short. For Tracer s move, see Tracer. Recall .
- Her short range pistols and low health encourage a hit-and-run play style.
- Her Pulse Bomb Tracer "Cheers, love! The cavalry s here!" Real Name Lena Oxton Age 26 Nationality English Occupation AdventurerPilot (Formerly)Overwatch Agent (Formerly) Base London, England Affiliation Overwatch (formerly) Relations Emily (girlfriend) Voice Cara Theobold 1] 2] (English) Dorothee devastates static defenses and tightly grouped enemies.
Weapons & Abilities
- Pulse Pistols Tracer "Cheers, love! The cavalry s here!" Real Name Lena Oxton Age 26 Nationality English Occupation AdventurerPilot (Formerly)Overwatch Agent (Formerly) Base London, England Affiliation Overwatch (formerly) Relations Emily (girlfriend) Voice Cara Theobold 1] 2] (English) Dorothee : Tracer`s primary weapon. Her primary fire rapidly shoots both pistols, dealing heavy damage. These pistols have a large cone of fire and heavy damage falloff, making them ineffective beyond short range engagements.
- The shots from Pulse Pistols need to have a good aiming. The large spreading and very fast fire-rate mean that she has to get close to the enemy as much as possible to track their movement.
- With the fast fire-rate, it is recommended not to stop mid-use even if it will recover the weapons`s spreading. Try to land non-stop shots onto the enemy.
- The fast fire-rate means that she has to quickly react upon a moment she has to stop her firing; such as when Genji activates Deflect or Zarya uses the Barrier.
- Blink Tracer "Cheers, love! The cavalry s here!" Real Name Lena Oxton Age 26 Nationality English Occupation AdventurerPilot (Formerly)Overwatch Agent (Formerly) Base London, England Affiliation Overwatch (formerly) Relations Emily (girlfriend) Voice Cara Theobold 1] 2] (English) Dorothee : Tracer`s most important ability. Blink teleports Tracer a short distance in the direction she`s currently moving. She can gather 3 charges as the maximum.
- This allows Tracer to move unpredictably: she can Blink past an enemy to attack their back, or Blink to the side to dodge an enemy`s attacks.
- Multiple Blinks can be chained back-to-back, allowing Tracer to travel across gaps that normally can`t be reached with just her jump
- Blink stills has a limit, she needs to wait around 3 seconds to gain 1 charge for it. Use the Blink in combination with Recall and not waste all charges without backup plan.
- Recall Recall Season 1 Episode 1 Publisher Blizzard Entertainment Release date Mar. 21, 2016 Link Youtube Transcript Transcript Length 8:01 Next short Alive See the animated short. For Tracer s move, see Tracer. Recall : When activated, Tracer will "rewind" to three seconds in the past, setting her health and position to whatever they were at that time, unless her health value is lower than it was before activating the ability. It will also reload her gun and remove all debuffs from her.
- Recall is mainly used to restore Health, but it can also be useful for escaping: jump off a ledge, wait for an enemy to follow you, and then Recall back up the ledge.
- Recall has a short animation that plays when activated, during which time Tracer is invulnerable and invisible.
- Pulse Bomb Tracer "Cheers, love! The cavalry s here!" Real Name Lena Oxton Age 26 Nationality English Occupation AdventurerPilot (Formerly)Overwatch Agent (Formerly) Base London, England Affiliation Overwatch (formerly) Relations Emily (girlfriend) Voice Cara Theobold 1] 2] (English) Dorothee (Ultimate): Tracer`s Ultimate Ultimate abilities (Commonly referred to by players as Ults ) are powerful abilities only available to a hero once their Ultimate Meter has filled. Progress towards an Ultimate persists through death. The Ultimate Meter fills by ability. When activated, Tracer tosses her bomb forwards a short distance. If it impacts an enemy, it will stick to that enemy. Else, the bomb will stick to the first solid surface it lands on. After a short delay, the bomb explodes, dealing a heavy amount of damage to enemies in a small area around the bomb. Note that this explosion will also damage Tracer.
- Pulse Bomb is devastating on clustered groups or static defenses like Bastion under Sentry mode.
- A common ability combination to safely bomb a target is to use Blink to get in close, toss the bomb on them, and then Recall to get back out of danger.
- Pulse Bomb synergizes very well with abilities such as Zarya`s Graviton Surge Zarya "Together we are strong." Real Name Aleksandra Zaryanova Age 28 Nationality Russian Occupation Soldier Base Krasnoyarsk Front, Russia Affiliation Russian Defense ForcesVolskaya Industries Voice Dolya Gavanski (English) Alexia Lunel (French)Maddalena Vadacca (Italian)Mitsuki Saiga (Japanese)Fernanda . The combination of these ultimates will usually wipe out the majority of an enemies team and severely damage their tanks.
- Avoid being killed from your own ultimate by activate Recall or Blink to escape from the blast.
- When playing Tracer, do your best to avoid fighting your opponents head on. Tracer can only deal good damage when close to her enemies, as opposed to other Assault heroes like Soldier: 76, and she lacks durability.
- Take advantage of her speed to travel rapidly through side routes so that you can get behind your opponents before attacking.
- Your top priorities should be support-heroes, her high mobility and powerful gunfire make her a very strong counter to most supports and defense heroes that have low mobility. If you manage to fight the dps-heroes, you have to Blink to their blind spot to fight or flank them from behind when they are unaware that you are coming.
- Tracer mobility isn`t unlimited; if she doesn`t spare her Blink uses, she can put herself on the line.
- Try to find single targets that are separated from their team and take them out. Be wary of diving into large groups to try and kill a target, unless you have Pulse Bomb ready, as a full enemy team can quickly turn and kill you before you can Recall or Blink to safety.
- If you`re starting to lose a fight and are low on Health, don`t be afraid to retreat, as Tracer`s speed can let her get to Health Packs well before her opponents can. This gives her an advantage in dueling single targets, as she can simply outlast them through good use of Recall and retreating to grab Health Packs before returning to battle.
- Tracer is considered most effective in King of the Hill maps. Her horizontal mobility is unparalleled, making her ideal to flank enemy lines and to patrol flanks. Her lack of vertical mobility can be problematic on Payload or Control Point maps where other heroes can give Tracer a difficult time to traverse the map safely.
- Her Pulse Bomb can also be very effective with heroes that have medium health pools that are in Zenyatta`s Transcendence. You cannot kill the Zenyatta during Transcendence, but you can take out heroes with less than 400 health as Transcendence provides invulnerability only to Zenyatta, not the heroes around him.
- Due to the slow travel time of her Pulse Bomb; throwing from some further range will likely not stick to any of the enemy and kill no one. Practice your aim and get close to the enemy with Blink as much as possible.
- Keep in mind that Tracer has lowest base health of all heroes; just a headshot from some heroes can quickly kill her even.
|“||So, you want to hear my story. It all started a few years ago. Overwatch was looking for a hotshot pilot to test their next-generation teleporting fighter: The Slipstream. Enter: Lena Oxton (call sign: “Tracer”). giggles That’s me! It was the opportunity I had trained for my whole life. But on my first flight, the teleportion matrix malfunctioned; and I disappeared.||„|
Lena Oxton (call sign: "Tracer") was the youngest person ever inducted into Overwatch`s experimental flight program. Known for her fearless piloting skills, she was handpicked to test the prototype of a teleporting fighter, the Slipstream Tracer by the Slipstream The Slipstream was a next-generation 1] teleporting fighter designed by Overwatch. Lena Oxton was assigned to test a prototype of the fighter. But during its first flight, the aircraft s teleportation matrix . But during its first flight, the aircraft`s teleportation matrix malfunctioned, and it disappeared. Lena was presumed dead.
She reappeared months later, but her ordeal had greatly changed her: her molecules had been desynchronized from the flow of time. Suffering from "chronal disassociation," she was a living ghost, disappearing for hours and days at a time. Even for the brief moments she was present, she was unable to maintain physical form. Sometimes she had strange dreams about the past, including being a kitchen maid at a large house in the country.
Overwatch`s doctors and scientists were stumped, and Tracer`s case seemed hopeless until a scientist named Winston Winston "Imagination is the essence of discovery." Real Name Winston Age 29 Occupation Test subject (formerly)Scientist Adventurer Base Horizon Lunar Colony (formerly) Watchpoint: Gibraltar Affiliation Lucheng Interstellar (formerly) Overwatch Relations Harold Winston (father figure) Voice designed the chronal accelerator Chronal Accelerator Type Life support device Designer Winston Owner Lena Oxton The chronal accelerator 1] (a.k.a. chronal harness) 2] is a device created by Winston for Tracer. It counteracts the effects of the chronal disassociation , a device capable of keeping Tracer anchored in the present. In addition, it gave Tracer the ability to control her own time, allowing her to speed it up and slow it down at will. The effects of the accident also gave Tracer unique ageing properties.
|“||Sir, do you want to know why I stuck with this? Why I decided to leave the flight test program and begin training as an Overwatch agent? It`s because I believed that if I could figure this out, I could be an asset. I could make this world a better place. I fought to survive, and I`m willing to fight for the world, too.||„|
|~ Tracer, to Jack Morrison|
Seven years before the present day, after the incident, Tracer underwent training to become an Overwatch agent, and trained under the supervision of Winston and Dr. Ziegler Mercy "I ll be watching over you." Real Name Angela Ziegler Age 37 Nationality Swiss Occupation Field Medic First Responder Base Zürich, Switzerland Affiliation Overwatch (formerly) Voice Lucie Pohl (English) Sybille Tureau (French)Chiara Francese (Italian)Sayaka Ohara at the Overwatch Headquarters The ruins of Overwatch s HQ The headquarters of Overwatch 1] were situated in Switzerland. Contents 1 Description 2 History 3 Trivia 4 References Description edit | edit source] The Overwatch headquarters was a large, sprawling ` Training and Evaluation facility, where she sparred against Blackwatch Blackwatch Leader Gabriel Reyes (former) Affiliation Overwatch Type Covert ops Standing Disbanded Blackwatch was the covert ops division of Overwatch. 1] Contents 1 Story 2 Known Members 3 Videos 4 References Story Blackwatch s existence was agent Genji Genji "Even if I sacrifice my body, I will never sacrifice my honor." Real Name Genji Shimada (島田源氏) 1] Other Names Sparrow Age 35 Nationality Japanese Occupation Adventurer Base Hanamura, Japan (formerly) Shambali Monastery, Nepal . Under supervision, Dr. Ziegler commented on how if no setbacks occurred, she was fit for active duty; a sentiment Winston agreed with. On the 27th day of the King`s Row Uprising, Strike Commander Jack Morrison was impressed by Lena`s skills with her chronal accelerator. Summoning her to his office, Morrison stated how he was impressed by her determination to stay with Overwatch despite her recent accident. Noticing images of London burning on a viewscreen in Jack`s office, Lena commented on her belief in Overwatch`s mission. After confiding in Lena his motivations in joining Overwatch, Jack dismissed Lena with the implied knowledge that he approved her request to be promoted to active duty.
Lena Oxton then appeared at an Overwatch aircraft where Dr. Ziegler, Torbjrn Torbjörn "Build em up, Break em down." Real Name Torbjörn Lindholm Age 57 Nationality Swedish Occupation Weapons designer Base Gothenburg, Sweden Affiliation Ironclad Guild (formerly)Overwatch (formerly) Relations WifeEight children Voice Keith Silverstein (English) José Luccioni , and Reinhardt Wilhelm Reinhardt "Justice will be done." Real Name Reinhardt Wilhelm Age 61 Nationality German Occupation Adventurer Base Stuttgart, Germany Affiliation Crusaders (formerly) Overwatch (formerly) Voice Darin De Paul 1] (English) Patrice Mellenec (French) Paolo Mar.ese (Italian) were preparing to embark on an unsanctioned Overwatch mission authorized by Jack Morrision, who was moved by Lena`s words to end the Kings Row Uprising in London. Ziegler told Lena how the team was invested in her career, and how Jack was fond of her. Reinhardt welcomed her to the team, and Torbjrn grudgingly referred to her arrival by saying, "look`s like the cavalry`s here." A phrase which Lena took a liking to.
With her newfound skills, Tracer became one of Overwatch`s most effective agents. At some point she was stationed at Watchpoint: Gibraltar. After Overwatch`s dissolution, Tracer continued to right wrongs and fight the good fight wherever the opportunity presented itself.
|⃢₀ₜ||Winston? Is that you, love? It`s been too long.||⃢₀|
Years after Overwatch`s disbandment, Tracer was contacted by Winston as he issued a recall order for Overwatch agents. She commented that they`d been out of touch for too long; an assessment that Winston agreed with. Tracer was in East England at the time.
|⃢₀ₜ||Trying to crash another party, love?||⃢₀|
A few hours after her talk with Winston, Tracer was present in King`s Row King s Row Type Hybrid (Assault, then Escort) Location England Terrain Narrow, cobblestone streets King s Row is a Hybrid map, starting with Assault and leading into Escort. It is a map set at night in winding , as Shambali Shambali Leader Tekhartha Mondatta (deceased) Headquarters Nepal Type Religious order Standing Active The Shambali are a clandestine order of omnics that were led by Tekhartha Mondatta. 1] Story edit | edit source] The Shambali were leader Tekhartha Mondatta “ Human. Machine. We are all one within the Iris. „ ~ Mondatta Tekhartha Mondatta Status Deceased Occupation Monk, preacher Affiliation Shambali Voice Sendhil Ramamurthy 1] Tekhartha Mondatta was an omnic, and leader of the addressed a joint human- omnic Omnics Omnics are artificially intelligent robots produced by omniums. 1] Contents 1 Background 1.1 History 2 Known Omnics 2.1 Types 3 References Background edit | edit source] Omnics are produced by omniums, automated robotics factories crowd. She came to suspect there would be an assassination attempt, which would be correct and she confronted Widowmaker Widowmaker "One shot, one kill." Real Name Amélie Lacroix Age 33 Nationality French Occupation Assassin Base Annecy, France Affiliation Talon Relations Gérard Lacroix (husband, deceased) Voice Chloe Hollings (English and French) Francesca Perilli (Italian)Shizuka Itô among the rooftops. The two carried out a run and gun battle, but despite her efforts, Widowmaker successfully assassinated the omnic. Enraged, Tracer tackled Widowmaker, demanding to know why she had done this. Chuckling, Widowmaker easily incapacitated her and departed in a Talon Talon Type Terrorist group Standing Active Talon is a terrorist organization. Contents 1 History 1.1 Early Actions 1.2 The Train Job 1.3 Recall 1.4 Alive 1.5 Ilios 1.6 Volskaya Industries 2 Known Members 3 Videos aircraft.
Day at the Museum
|⃢₀ₜ||You know, the world could always use more heroes.||⃢₀|
Widowmaker Widowmaker "One shot, one kill." Real Name Amélie Lacroix Age 33 Nationality French Occupation Assassin Base Annecy, France Affiliation Talon Relations Gérard Lacroix (husband, deceased) Voice Chloe Hollings (English and French) Francesca Perilli (Italian)Shizuka Itô and Reaper attacked a museum dedicated to Overwatch, trying to steal Doomfist`s gauntlet. Tracer fought them alongside Winston and the villains were forced to retreat. Tracer complimented two young boys that had helped her in the aftermath, commenting that the world could always use more heroes.
During the winter holiday season, Tracer sought to pick up a gift for her girlfriend, Emily Emily Status Active Nationality English (presumed) Relations Lena Oxton (girlfriend) Emily is Tracer s girlfriend. The two share an apartment together in London. Story edit | edit source] On the night Tracer failed to get Emily in King`s Row. After blinking to numerous stores, Tracer was unable to find a gift owing to stores either being closed, or in one instance allowing another patron to keep a scarf that they were about to purchase. Ultimately, a small girl gave Tracer a gift and thanked her after she retrieved her family`s stolen gifts from a thief earlier that night. Arriving home, Tracer gave the gift to Emily, which to her surprise was the scarf she sought to purchase earlier. Emily loved the gift, and the two kissed. Later, Tracer and Emily went to visit Winston for dinner at Watchpoint: Gibraltar, who was about to spend the holidays alone with Athena. Tracer then reminisced about the events of the past year, and had a good feeling about the next one.
|Recover 400 health using Tracer`s Recall Recall Season 1 Episode 1 Publisher Blizzard Entertainment Release date Mar. 21, 2016 Link Youtube Transcript Transcript Length 8:01 Next short Alive See the animated short. For Tracer s move, see Tracer. Recall without dying in Quick or Competitive play.|
|Stick 4 of Tracer`s Pulse Bombs onto enemies in a single Quick or Competitive play game.|
The origins of Tracer lie in Titan, though not as a character per se. Rather, she was based on one of Titan`s playable classes, namely the Jumper. Most of the concept work on the Jumper was male. This signaled a shift in game design, as while the classes of Titan were player characters, the characters of Overwatch were intended to be distinct individuals. The Jumper was thus made female and given a backstory.
Tracer conceptually began with the idea of a hero that blinked across the map. She was one of the first three heroes developed for the game, alongside Reaper and Widowmaker. According to Chris Metzen, Tracer "was one of the first characters we really got to know." While not created for a starring role, the development team warmed up to her. Metzen has likened her to Spider-Man.
Currently, Tracer is the `mascot character` of Overwatch, and its centerpiece hero. She has been called the "Rosetta Stone" of the game. Her design used to include a jacket.
Jeff Kaplan stated that the decision to announce Tracer as a lesbian in the holiday comic was considered carefully by the Blizzard team. Kaplan stated that the team wanted to portray Tracer`s sexuality in a realistic and non-pandering way that was respectful of the character and tied into her story; not just "checking a checkbox on a list." Kaplan also stated how the team was aware of the negative backlash the announcement was bound to receive owing to Overwatch`s global popularity, and how the subject was difficult to talk about and could bring up legal troubles in some countries. Russia banned the comic from appearing on Overwatch`s Russian website in accordance with federal law.
- Tracer is a quick hero who can quickly eliminate heroes with lower health and has some of the best mobility options in the entire game.
- Tracer thrives when flanking and disrupting, so use your mobile abilities to get behind and gank supports and snipers.
- Always try to get headshots when firing her Pulse Pistols. Getting a Mercy by headshotting almost the full mag will kill her.
- Don`t fire when you`re blinking, so you don`t waste ammo blindly firing at someone.
- You blink in any direction are moving, not facing. Make sure you don`t accidentally blink into a nearby wall while strafe-firing.
- Even though, you have three charges on your Blink, you should save a charge for emergencies.
- Use this ability to evade snipers and projectile-using heroes.
- Right-clicking also blinks you, so you don`t have to spam shift.
- This is your go-to ability for when you`re in deep trouble. Use it whenever you need to get out of a tough situation you just got yourself into.
- Don`t spend too much time in the area where you`re having trouble in or Recall won`t get you out.
- This ability brings you back to your health and ammo from a few seconds before, so use it to regenerate some health you might`ve had before.
- Try to get it stuck on a tank after injuring them to eliminate them.
- Use your Blinks just before you throw the bomb, then Recall to get back to a super safe spot.
- This ability can also be used to stop a push where everyone is grouped together.
- Don`t stay too close to the bomb when you throw it, or you will also die.